We propose to utilize encrypted wireless CDMA codes in optical communications to built a secure point-to-point link. The CDMA codes are encrypted by advanced encryption standard (AES) before encoding data. Digital signal processing techniques are utilized for encrypted signal generation and reception without substantial hardware cost. Our experiment successfully transmits data at 1.56 Gb/s with a bit-error rate below forward error correction limit. Our analysis indicates that the system can be robust against various types of attack models.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Advanced encryption standard (AES)
- code division multiple-access (CDMA)
- photonic layer security