Automatic parallelization has thus far not been successful at extracting scalable parallelism from general programs. An aggressive automatic thread extraction framework, coupled with natural extensions to the sequential programming model that allow for a range of legal outcomes rather than forcing programmers to define a single legal program outcome, will let programmers achieve the performance of parallel programming via the simpler sequential model.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Hardware and Architecture
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Automatic parallelization
- Compiler-architecture interactions
- Sequential-programming model
- Thread extraction