We present experimental and simulation results from a 102-Gchips/s incoherent wavelength-hopping time-spreading optical code-division multiple-access testbed, utilizing four 50-GHz ITU grid wavelengths. Error-free operation of four users is obtained with an effective power penalty ∼0.5 dB. Simulation studies show scalability to > 10 users with an effective power penalty of ∼4 dB. The simulation study of the impact of asynchronous access on the performance allows for a complete network design from an engineering viewpoint.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Code-division multiple-access
- Optical fiber communications
- Optical fiber local area network